Week 3: Looking around
The one where I started doing things that feel more habitual.
- I completed two courses with IDF (Interaction Design Foundation): Human-Computer Interaction - HCI, and Design for the 21st Century with Don Norman. I intend to finish three more before my membership expires in a few months.
- Autumn is somewhat evident here, and it only gets colder in the morning and night (it's 18° on Monday afternoon, while I'm writing this). In the building, the central heating system has been switched on last week. We turned down the radiator in our room.
- My hair grew 3cm in three months, so it was time for a new cut. I miss my trusted hairdresser in Cambridge, but the new one in Milan is just as good.
- We took a train for the first time since September 2020. The last time I departed from Milano Centrale station was in January 2020.
- I'm not able to cope with a bad night's sleep anymore. It's not just about the crankiness: mind and body don't work properly.
- Being able to visit my family frequently is both nice and strange. My parents celebrated their 44th anniversary, and we ate too much.