In reply to
Just like you, Simone, I wanted to refresh my knowledge of the English language before going back to the UK. When starting a new course, Duolingo asks whether the person is new to language or not. If not, it tests the level to establish the starting point.
I’ve encountered the problematic phrases you pointed out, and many more. I understand that the course might be for people less familiar with both Italian and English, and yet it makes me question if the same happens in other languages I’m studying from English.
Enjoyed this article?
- Letting go of my Duolingo streak
- I thought that keeping up with it meant I was being consistent. I was wrong.
- Week 8: Those who wait
- Time goes by so slowly for those who wait, sings Madonna.
- Design, Digested 23 – Imposter syndrome and pockets
- This week, I gathered articles that made me see this phenomenon from a different perspective. Time to reframe. And pockets. Women need pockets.