Three articles I read lately and found either interesting and useful or worrying.
This is damaging to all women in tech, even the ones that have nothing to do with the conference.
A tech conference has been cancelled after it was revealed it featured fake women speakers. There are not enough women willing to speak at conferences, and I’m not sure what needs to be done. But this is wrong, and surely not a solution.
Car companies, are you hard up on cash? Your swan dive into the data biz is worrying us.
Remember when all you had to think about when hopping on a car was put on your seatbelt, drive carefully and enjoy the ride? No more. Your new and connected car knows too much about you, and car companies are selling your data.
🔗 Read What data does my car collect about me and where does it go? on Privacy Not Included
Some cultures have learned to embrace uncertainty and quickly adapt, others could rely on a predictable and stable life.
How does your country rank in the uncertainty avoidance index? Italy, where I was born and raised, scores 75. The United Kingdom, where I live, scores 35. That’s a big change! It affects work, school and innovation.
Enjoyed this article?
Design, Digested is a newsletter about design, tech, and their implication in our lives. Subscribe.
- Design, Digested 48 – Culture influences design, UX for older adults, bad use of AI
- Three articles I read last week and found either interesting and useful or worrying.
- Design, Digested 47 – Privacy, dreamhouses, the woman behind the author
- The illusion of privacy, Barbie dreamhouses, Eileen O’Shaughnessy, the benefits of desk research and more.
- Design, Digested 39 – UX of banking, state of web accessibility, microaggressions
- On this issue: the UX of banking, the state of web accessibility, the encyclopedia of microaggressions and more.