On this issue: the UX of banking, the state of web accessibility, the encyclopedia of microaggressions and more.
900 days of progress – UX of banking
More than 900 days ago, Peter Ramsay published a series of case studies called the UX of Banking that benchmarked and compared the user experience of 12 banks in the UK. What does a little over two years of product development look like?
The SEER framework
A very useful framework for user-informed product development created by Sprig and Learners.
Visual design rules you can safely follow every time
You do not have to follow these rules every time. If you have a good reason to break any of them, do. But they are safe to follow every time. Anthony Hobday
The state of web accessibility in 2022
Explore the HTTP Archive’s annual state of the web report. In particular, Chapter 11 is about accessibility.
[def.] Microaggressions are everyday snubs and insults that marginalized groups face. They’re often very subtle comments or actions that come from implicit bias and/or stereotypes. They might seem like a compliment (“You’re beautiful for a transgender girl”), a harmless comment (“Where are you really from?”), or a subconscious action (crossing the street to avoid a racialized person).
A great resource to start recognising microaggression and understand their impact on people.
Did you find this article useful?Buy me a coffee →
Design, Digested is a newsletter about design, tech, and their implication in our lives. Subscribe.
- Design, Digested 47 — Privacy, dreamhouses, the woman behind the author
- The illusion of privacy, Barbie dreamhouses, Eileen O’Shaughnessy, the benefits of desk research and more.
- Design, Digested 46 — The UX of Wise, alternatives to surveys, accessible numbers
- On this issue: How Wise compare against Revolut and Starling, the many ways to understand users, how to present numbers and data clearly.
- Design, Digested 45 — Performing goodness in UX, automatic captions and more
- On this issue: Performing goodness in UX, swearing and automatic captions, the good line-height and more.