The intersection between sustainability and accessibility, World Braille Day, the state of mobile UX and more.
The advent of Green Digital Accessibility
In December 2022, the first International Green Digital Accessibility conference took place in Barcelona. The intersection between sustainability and accessibility is full of very inspiring and exciting opportunities. Tom Greenwood gave a keynote talk and wrote about the whole experience.
The state of mobile user experience
The fifth edition of Nielsen Norman Group’s mobile report is out.
Fifteen years from the original iPhone, the quality of mobile user experience has stabilized.
The technology of compassion
Ever since 2019, January the 4th is World Braille Day. The following is an interesting write-up about the story of Louis Braille and how he developed the tactile writing system that helps blind and visually impaired people communicate.
Atkinson Hyperlegible font
The Braille Institute created and made free for everyone to use a new typeface that offers greater legibility and readability for low vision readers.
Life, the UX-verse and everything
Lisa Angela, who wrote a great article on the toxic pragmatism of digital design, is leaving the UX field.
And whenever I initiate public discussions about design work satisfaction, I find these feelings are pretty universal — the more you care, the more disappointed you are. Not disappointed with the actual functional duties of the job but with the neverending compromises and tenuous respect the role commands.
Enjoyed this article?
Design, Digested is a newsletter about design, tech, and their implication in our lives. Subscribe.
- Design, Digested 47 — Privacy, dreamhouses, the woman behind the author
- The illusion of privacy, Barbie dreamhouses, Eileen O’Shaughnessy, the benefits of desk research and more.
- Design, Digested 46 — The UX of Wise, alternatives to surveys, accessible numbers
- On this issue: How Wise compare against Revolut and Starling, the many ways to understand users, how to present numbers and data clearly.
- Design, Digested 45 — Performing goodness in UX, automatic captions and more
- On this issue: Performing goodness in UX, swearing and automatic captions, the good line-height and more.