As the end the year approaches, it's time to slow down.
What does it mean to really, truly rest?
What ‘counts’ as resting, and when are we simply swathing toxic productivity in soft pants and a robe?
Comfort culture — why do we return to our favorite TV shows and art?
Why do some people refuse to read the same book twice, when others return to old favorites time and time again?
How Hjärta Smärta challenged the male-dominated status quo in the early 2000s?
Feminist design discourse has grown the last decades. But when the founders of Hall of Femmes launched their studio, “we were the only women that we knew of.”
A lighter side of life — picture essay
Advertising art director turned photographer Alan Burles on the influence of French-American photographer Elliott Erwitt and the beauty of getting ‘lost in wonder, love and praise’.
Enjoyed this article?
Design, Digested is a newsletter about design, tech, and their implication in our lives. Subscribe.
- Design, Digested 44 – UX of a monopoly, Sabbath mode, buttons
- On this issue: UX of a monopoly, Sabbath mode, buttons and more.
- Design, Digested 40 – Better thinking tools, digital ethics, accessibility
- On this issue: tools for better thinking, digital ethics and moral theory, annotating designs for accessibility and more.
- Design, Digested 31 – Distracted to death, the problem with the Metaverse, deceptive patterns on Instagram
- Deadly distractions, designing for modes, the problem with the Metaverse, new deceptive patterns on Instagram and more.