Design, Digested 36 – HCI demos, usability heuristics, the greatest
Classic HCI demos, going beyond Nielsen’s Usability Heuristics, Apple's The Greatest and more.
Classic HCI demos
A curated collection of HCI demo videos produced during the golden age from 1983-2002.
🔗 View the collection on Jack Rusher’s website
A design research framework
The design research process model is to be used as a touchstone and a checklist in conversation with anyone who participates in design decisions throughout your organization.
🔗 View the design research framework on Mule Design’s website
Usability heuristic frameworks: which one is right for you?
Michael Kritsch goes beyond Nielsen’s Usability Heuristics to help inform which method to choose.
🔗 Read the article Usability heuristic frameworks: which one is right for you? on Medium
Designing an accessible future
Speaking at this year’s WDC in Bristol, Geri Reid applied the principles of WCAG 3.0 to some of the current visions we have of the future. It’s probably going to be 5 years before the new version will be rolled out: what will the state of the internet be by then?
🔗 Watch or read Designing an accessible future on Geri Reid’s website
Twitter’s potential collapse could wipe out vast records of recent human history
What happens when the world’s knowledge is held in a quasi-public square owned by a private company that could soon go out of business?
🔗 Read the article Twitter’s potential collapse could wipe out vast records of recent human history on MIT Technology Review
Apple presents its latest devices features, all centred on accessibility. This amazing and uplifting video shows how people with disabilities can thrive using technology.
Did you find this article useful?Buy me a coffee →
Design, Digested is a newsletter about design, tech, and their implication in our lives. Subscribe.
- Design, Digested 43 — Design thinking went wrong, Fitts’ Law, visual frameworks
- On this issue: How Design thinking went wrong, Fitts’ Law in the touch era, visual frameworks and more.
- Design, Digested 42 — Accessibility, designing for attention, diaries of note
- On this issue: give a damn about accessibility, how to design for readers’ attention span, notable diaries, and more.
- Design, Digested 40 – Better thinking tools, digital ethics, accessibility
- On this issue: tools for better thinking, digital ethics and moral theory, annotating designs for accessibility and more.