A work-in-progress list of websites and blogs I read and take inspiration from. Yes, it’s the good old blogroll.
- Ye Olde Blogroll— A humanly curated list of fine personal & independent blogs that are updated regularly. No algorithms ever!
- Minutes to Midnight— Moniker of Simone Silvestroni, a digital polymath between sound and web design. He creates and produces music and audio across multiple media and make websites using Jekyll or WordPress. He started working in the publishing industry in 1994 and transitioned to digital a year later, becoming an expert in web standards. He's also a professional bass player, a composer and a field recordist.
- Laura Kalbag — Designer originally from the UK, now living in Ireland. Talking about rights-respecting design, accessibility and inclusivity, privacy, web design and development.
- Aral Balkan — Activist, designer, and developer, he’s one-half of Small Technology Foundation. They advocate for and build small technology to protect personhood and democracy in the digital network age.
- Kwon.nyc – A queer Korean American woman of average height in New York City. Like us, she is also a denizen of the internet. Rachel Kwon is a product leader, writer, and a surgeon by training.
- Neurologica— Steven Novella covers news and issues in neuroscience, but also general science, scientific skepticism, philosophy of science, critical thinking, and the intersection of science with the media and society.
- The Marginalian— A one-woman labor of love, exploring what it means to live a decent, inspired, substantive life of purpose and gladness since 2006.
- Rest of world— An international nonprofit journalism organization. They document what happens when technology, culture and the human experience collide, in places that are typically overlooked and underestimated.